Our client is an inspection and engineering service provider serving the mobile crane and aerial equipment industry in Ontario. They support a variety of clients ranging from the lift industry, construction industry and a variety of mining and other industries.
- Complete structural designs and calculations for building components, including wood, concrete, steel, and masonry.
- Preparation of drawings or drafting in AutoCAD.
- Site investigation, inspection, and evaluate conditions of existing structures using STAAD Pro. Analysis package.
- Support construction by performing shop drawing review, compliance inspections/reports, resolving construction problems related to structural design and coordinating with clients and contractors.
- Review and check engineering calculations prepared by other engineers and take responsibility for their work, including tracking their progress.
- Travel to various client sites, attend project meetings and conduct field reviews.
- Manage and prioritize large projects and assignments to ensure effective delivery of services.
- P. Eng is required (Ontario or another Province)
- High Proficiency in STAAD Pro. and AutoCAD (Knowledge in Solidworks is an asset)
- Experience designing structures for types of steel and concrete projects. (Catwalks, equipment support, foundations, smokestacks, fall protection systems and more)
- Strong understanding of OHSA regulations and pertinent CSA standards.
- Experience with overhead cranes, monorails, jib & gantry cranes, and custom lift equipment.
- Significant experience (5 years) as a Structural Engineer
- Position requires travel
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in your field of expertise
- Benefits, Pension and travel allowance