Head of Communications
|Job Order ID:||6543
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||11/9/2021
|Number of Positions:||1
Our employer is more than a synagogue. Their community is vibrant, forward-looking, and dedicated to the Jewish future. They are a dynamic, egalitarian, vital Jewish congregation offering rich and varied social, cultural, and educational activities to serve the needs of a diverse and growing membership.
They are looking to hire a Head of Communications.
This position is 80% remote, with certain weeks requiring more or less on-site presence.
To oversee the preparation of the Synagogues publication, marketing, video and graphical creation, social media and overall communications initiatives, strategies, and programs, on behalf of the Synagogue, including:
* Plan, design and publish the Synagogue's marketing vehicles, including the daily email, weekly Shabbat email, quarterly membership Newsletter, Annual Calendar, Program Guide, Yizkor Book, Holiday booklets, pamphlets, flyers, social media, and video content.
* Update and maintain the synagogue Shulcloud website, including CRM management.
* Create and edit all graphical and video content from the Synagogue
* Assist with the creation and execution of internal communication plans (e.g., for special events such as holiday celebrations, the launch of a new fundraising initiative) as necessary
* Prepare advertising for traditional and digital media platforms
* Manage the development and maintenance of the synagogue's social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (2 channels), YouTube, and SoundCloud
* Coordinate e-mail outreach to the Synagogue's membership
* Coordinate and update all efforts related and required for CASL
* Evaluate marketing analytics and adjust marketing outreach for publications, social media, and the website
* Coordinate the development and implementation of the Synagogue's media and other external advertising strategy in a cost-effective manner
* Work with the Synagogue's staff, and other lay leadership to develop annual marketing strategy focused on program and membership outreach
* Oversee all aspects of the preparation and production of communication to the community, including press releases, advertising, and promotional materials.
* Moderate and run all online programming over various platforms (i.e. Zoom)
* Promote a favourable image of the synagogue in the Jewish community, the general community, and the press.
* Stay current of Synagogue trends in technology and social media.
* Attend events, programs, and functions as necessary.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Strong computer skills, and creative thinker.
* Technically strong in working with HTML code, CRM management and Shulcloud
* Self-directed, works independently with minimal supervision.
* Able to develop a strong and positive working relationship with multiple parties including staff and Board, members, and volunteers.
* Strong working knowledge of best practices in contemporary communication strategies.
This is a unique professional opportunity for an individual interested in playing a key role in driving one of the largest Conservative synagogues in Toronto forward for the next generation.
The successful candidate will possess:
* Must be proficient in graphic and video editing software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Zoom
* Ability to work independently in a small-staff, fast-paced environment.
* Sound judgment - ability to manage priorities and make good decisions