Advocacy Lead ( Toronto)
|Job Order ID:||6581
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||11/24/2021
|Number of Positions:||1
The employer is a non-profit human rights organization committed to countering racism and antisemitism and to promoting the principles of tolerance, social justice and Canadian democratic values through advocacy and education. They are looking to hire an Advocacy Lead.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
* Conduct research, literature reviews and sector mapping to strengthen the advocacy team's understanding of the systems they are working to influence and the leverage points within them.
* Design from concept to execution innovative advocacy-oriented programming, with a particular focus on university students, that provides meaningful, authentic opportunities to confront antisemitism as well as other forms of hatred and intolerance.
* Monitor national and international policy trends and analyze policy options on a range of topics.
* Build and maintain relationships with Canadian and international policy experts, think tanks, academic institutions, and researchers.
* Provide support and advice to those who have been subjected to antisemitism and assist them as they navigate the channels available to them in having their grievances addressed.
* Represent the organization and network actively with stakeholders, staying abreast of the work of other organizations, government initiatives and policies, and actively participate in key events, workshops, and forums.
YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH:
* Familiarity with issues which impact the Jewish community including the Holocaust, antisemitism, and anti-Zionism.
* Experience and interest in supporting Israel as the ancestral home and locus of self-determination for the global Jewish community.
* Demonstrated understanding of the current climate and circumstances on Canadian university and college campuses pertaining to issues concerning Jewish students.
* Creative and extensive program design and development experience.
* Effective stakeholder consultation and facilitation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship; demonstrated success working on cross-functional teams
* Creative and communicative in generating new ideas and resolving problems.
* Ability to problem solve and manage projects from creative development through final delivery on time and on budget using appropriate tools
* Self-starter/high level of internal motivation
* Ability to work in a fast paced and growth environment
WHAT YOU BRING:
* +5 years of experience in advocacy work in the fields of community, politics, law and/or public relations.
* A proven track record in the design and execution of successful advocacy programming.
* Demonstrable experience in research and persuasive written communications.