Nurse- RPN Or RN (Thornhill)
|Job Order ID:||6587
|Employment Type:||Hourly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||11/29/2021
|Number of Positions:||1
Our employer a retirement home is looking to hire a Nurse- RN or RPN for a part time Night time position.
You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated team player who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance, customer and health care services in the Wellness department. You are an experienced RN or RPN who gets great job satisfaction out of working with seniors in a non-clinical, non-institutional environment. You are willing to learn and/or share your expertise and have fun.
They aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. They are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At the company they put people first. They are looking for just the right person who shares the company’s mission – Making Today Great!
As a Nurse at a the Retirement Community, you will be accountable to your schedule and job duties as they pertain to your assigned shifts. You will collaborate and work as a team player with emphasis on Community Member wellness. You will be the first response team for all emergency calls from our Community Members and provide them with a compassionate and supportive approach to their needs. You will report and document all findings both in the communication binder and to the Wellness Manager to ensure a seamless communication and support system. Ensure the appropriate methods of maintaining confidentiality and privacy of information are carried out in your day to day tasks and communication. Working closely with the Wellness Manager to address, support and honor the needs of our current and prospective Community Members.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Community Members with various personal needs including assistance with dressing, light housekeeping, mobility, food service, bathing, laundry, etc.
- Distribution/dispensing of all required medications and narcotics
- Conduct wellness assessments and monitor ongoing health of Community Members.
- Adhere to the company Service Culture Standards while bringing your own natural personality to the position
- Actively participate in all training offered pre and post opening and seek opportunities to continue growing and learning and finding ways to contribute to Making Today Great! every day for everyone
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Registered member of the Ontario Nursing Association
- Post-secondary education in nursing at an accredited institution
- Available for flexible hours of work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Experience in a retirement residence and/or with seniors is an asset
- Current first aid and CPR
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable interacting with seniors