Dispatcher / Driver / Administrator(Etobicoke)
|Job Order ID:||6753
|Employment Type:||Hourly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||3/8/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
Our Transportation employer is looking to hire a Dispatcher/Driver/Admin for their Etobicoke location.
Working Hours: Onsite from Mon - Fri from approximately 6:30am - 6pm (within this window). Start and end times may vary throughout the week and schedule flexibility is essential. Some after hours work (early mornings / evenings will be required based on customer demand). This is an onsite position in our Etobicoke office.
* ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE A VALID FULL G DRIVER'S LICENCE WITH A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS OF LOCAL DRIVING EXPERIENCE, AS WELL AS GOOD PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND TECHNOLOGICAL SKILLS.
* Dispatch and support drivers and vehicles across the GTA using our computerized system and 2-way radio.
* Coordinate, monitor and oversee the on-time delivery of all shipments. Learn all software and processes for each customer and delivery location.
* Drive a 20' truck or van or act as a second hand for deliveries when required (during busy times, when other drivers are away or act as a driver's helper on more sophisticated deliveries). Candidate may be on the road regularly deliveries, 2-3 days a week or more at times.
* Answer phones, provide quotes, book delivery appointments, troubleshoot any issues and provide excellent customer service and ongoing driver support.
* Coordinate tracking and PODs for all shipments and support our customers.
* Utilize excellent communication skills to maintain a positive, respectful and professional working relationship with all drivers and management.
* Provide ongoing communication with customers, drivers and management regarding any service issues.
* Provide ongoing supervisory support to drivers.
* Schedule delivery appointments and troubleshoot any logistical issues.
* Responsible for accurate data entry into company's online dispatch system to communicate with drivers.
* Prepare, print and file all necessary shipping documents on a daily basis.
* Respond to, report and document any accidents or incidents.
* Provide excellent customer service skills with a positive phone demeanor.
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
* Make prospecting/sales calls and keep company's customer/prospect database up-to-date.
* Ensure vehicle maintenance schedule is accurate and current.
* Ensure all health and safety rules are followed.
* General office administration and office maintenance.
* Learn new software to issue payment for dock fees.
* Administration duties as required for truck maintenance, truck audits, equipment/supply tracking and other administration as required.
* Other duties as assigned, to provide superior customer service to our customers and support management in our company's growth.
Job Requirements and Essential Skills
* Valid Ontario Driver's Licence (full G licence or higher is mandatory) with clean driving record/driver's abstract and 5 years of local driving experience.
* A leader and professional who enjoys interacting with customers.
* At least 2 years of proven experience in a fast-paced dispatch or office/admin environment is required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills including a pleasant and upbeat telephone and email demeanor.
* Good geographical knowledge of the GTA.
* Ability to multi-task, manage high-stress situations and work with minimal supervision.
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook (Email) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
* Tech savvy and ability to learn new software is a must.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part a team.
* Excellent time management skills and a proactive attitude.
* Attention to detail and a strong focus on follow through and follow up.
* Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
* Fluent English speaking, reading and writing skills and legible handwriting.
* Hardworking, enthusiastic, positive and flexible ``can-do'' attitude.
* Punctual and excellent attendance record.
* Schedule flexibility to work some early mornings, evenings, weekends as required. This is not a part-time or remote position.
* Willingness to adapt to our processes and way of doing business within a short period of time.
* Ability to keep business matters strictly confidential.
* Previous sales, supervisory experience and transportation industry experience is an asset.