|Job Order ID:||6843
|Employment Type:||Hourly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||5/6/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
Our employer is a not-for profit organization providing educational, therapeutic, recreational, and respite services for children with diverse abilities within a rich, Jewish cultural setting. They are seeking an Educational Assistant to work in their boy's high school satellite classroom. The function of this class is to provide a small group of teenage boys with both Judaic and General Study academics along with core skills development within an integrated and supportive environment. This class is an all-boys class, located within an all-boys Orthodox Yeshiva. The successful candidate will have the benefit of working within a multi-disciplinary team of experts such as speech therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, music therapists, and behaviour analysts.
Educational Assistant Job Responsibilities:
* To provide whole group, small group, 1:1 academic support and behaviour management in the classroom.
* To support students 1:1 with both Judaic and English subjects, to ensure the students are keeping on task, to ensure the students understand the content they are learning (specifically with online high school credit courses) and to assist in providing the students with accommodations according to their IEP's (i.e being a scribe, reframing information, assisting with technological devices).
* To be a presence in the class, observe the students during frontal lessons from the teacher and to proactively provide support to students.
* To provide guidance and support to students on the use of technology in the classroom.
* To accompany the students to Minyanim for Shacharit and Mincha.
* To adhere to the rules of our host school and ensure the students do the same.
* To teach already prepared lessons or lead class discussions as needed by the class teacher.
* To assist the class teacher with preparing and/or printing class materials.
Educational Assistant Credentials
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player.
* Good oral communication skills
* Basic organizational skills, record keeping skills.
* Ability to follow instructions.
* Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
* Ability to present a positive attitude and work ethic.
* Ability to support or learn how to support physically/emotionally demanding teenage boys (ie. hyperactive students)
* Previous experience working in an educational environment or with people with special needs is an asset.
8:30-5:00 Monday to Thursday and 9:00 – 12:00 noon on Friday’s