After School Teachers (Sept 2022)
|Job Order ID:||6850
|Employment Type:||Hourly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||5/12/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
Our employer a Jewish Afternoon School provides high-quality, pluralistic Jewish and Hebrew-language education in three neighbourhood public schools to students in Junior Kindergarten through Grade 5. Children from the diversity of downtown Jewish families find their place in their warm and welcoming community.
They seek experienced, creative, and energetic teachers for their Afterschool for September - June 2022/2023.
- Teach classes twice per week to children in JK/SK, grades 1-2, or grades 3-5
- Prepare lesson plans for 1½ hours per class
- Supervise recess and snack time
- Pick up students from their public-school classrooms
- Create and maintain a positive, welcoming and inclusive class community
- Teach Hebrew literacy and conversation following a set curriculum with space for individualized planning and approach
- Teach Hebrew through play-based and experiential modes of education
- Teach Jewish values, culture and traditions in a pluralistic and inclusive fashion
- Attend monthly staff meetings (paid) to plan and for pedagogical support
Mon & Wed
Tues & Thurs
Duration: September – June
Start Date: Sept 6
Location: Toronto, ON (Kensington Market, Seaton Village, Wychwood)
- Hebrew and English fluency
- Expertise in one or several of the following: Early Childhood Education, teaching Hebrew as a second language, experiential or informal Jewish Education, differentiated classrooms, and classroom management
- Experience with classroom teaching, lesson planning, and pedagogy
- Background in Jewish studies and tradition
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to children's social and emotional development
- Desire to grow and learn professionally
- Passion for working with children
- Reliable and responsible
- Experience with experiential education methods
- Familiarity with child development and ability to apply it to lesson planning and instruction
- Training or experience in the Early Childhood setting
- Experience with differentiated classrooms, teaching multiple ages at once
All Afterschool staff are required to take CPR training and pass a police Vulnerable Sector check, both of which will be paid for by the school.
Proof of vaccination against Covid-19 will be required for all Afterschool staff.
Mask-wearing and other policies will be determined before the start of the school year based on the public health situation.
$112.50/class starting pay