Teaching Assistants Afternoon Hebrew School (Sept 2022)
|Job Order ID:||6851
|Employment Type:||Hourly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||5/12/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
Our employer a Jewish Afternoon School provides high-quality, pluralistic Jewish and Hebrew-language education in three neighbourhood public schools to students in Junior Kindergarten through Grade 5. Children from the diversity of downtown Jewish families find their place in their warm and welcoming community.
They are looking for creative, energetic and reliable Teaching Assistants for their Afterschool for September - June 2022/2023.
- Assist twice per week in a class of children in JK/SK, grades 1-2, or grades 3-5
- Support and maintain a positive, welcoming and inclusive class community and assist the Lead Teacher with classroom management
- Supervise recess and snack time
- Pick up students from their public-school classrooms
- Assist the Lead Teacher with teaching Hebrew literacy and conversation
- Assist the Lead Teacher with teaching Jewish values, culture and traditions in a pluralistic and inclusive fashion
- Assist the Lead Teacher with classroom set-up, clean-up and record keeping
- Assist the Lead Teacher with parent/teacher communications
- Attend monthly staff meetings (paid) to plan and for pedagogical support
- Hebrew proficiency; fluency preferred
- Background in Jewish studies and tradition
- Experience with classroom teaching, camp counselling or youth work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to children's social and emotional development
- Desire to grow and learn professionally
- Passion for working with children
- Reliability and responsibility
All Afterschool staff are required to take CPR training and pass a police Vulnerable Sector check, both of which will be paid for by the school.
$50/class starting pay
Proof of vaccination against Covid-19 will be required for all Afterschool staff.
Mask-wearing and other policies will be determined before the start of the school year based on the public health situation.