ABOUT THE COMPANY:
For 30+ years, showrooms, designers, and architects have relied on this lighting company as their go-to brand for providing a diverse selection of high-quality innovative lighting for both residential and commercial applications.
As a leading lighting company, serving multiple channels via the specialty lighting showroom, electrical wholesaler, home improvement stores, e-commerce websites and the interior design/architectural community, the company offers products that deliver aesthetic appeal, stellar performance, and long-lasting tested quality.
Their CORE VALUES:
ACCOUNTABILITY: Ownership and clarity. They strive to honor commitments and operate with transparency, and an unwavering pursuit of excellence.
COMMUNICATION: Effective communication is based on relevant and timely information. They pride themselves in their openness, their empathy, and their collaboration skills.
TRUST & RESPECT: A belief in their employees and a trust in action goes a long way. They believe in cultivating relationships that make employees safe in their working environment.
Reporting to the VP, Sales, the Specialist, Sales Operations will build strong relationships to complete the framework to help their brand have an edge in these increasingly competitive times. The Specialist, Sales Operations will be a business partner to the Sales organization and will be responsible for driving operational excellence with various Vendors/Agencies. This role is a high value-add segment to the sales department, enabling revenue growth and increasing sales productivity by providing effective methodologies, efficient processes, executive summaries of information, strengthening system rules and validation to help proactively with a constant focus on growing sales.
- Analysis and Planning:
As the Specialist, Sales Operations, you will be pivotal to the success of the Sales team's ability to plan and achieve a smooth organizational performance. By conducting research and analyzing current and past trends, you will come up with techniques and strategies for improved sales. You will prepare and present periodic reports to provide insight and useful information in making key business decisions. You will be responsible for providing accurate sales report data on all channels of distribution:
- Channel performance.
- Customer performance & profitability.
- Agency performance.
- Ad-hoc reports by sales management.
- Relationships with Rep Agencies and third-party Vendors:
The Specialist, Sales Operations will effectively build and maintain partnerships with external stakeholders. Through effective people management, this role is responsible for the success of the Sales Operations team, thus contributing to the team and the brands’ success.
- Onboarding of a new agency to include training, sales starter kit, portal training (when in place), updating internal systems, and managing all communications internal & external of a new agent.
- Exiting (termination) the process of an agency and communicating internal & external of the change.
- Coordinating the company customer & representative site visits to the Toronto facility and setting the schedule of activities.
- Coordinating the Trade shows to support Sales: meeting agenda, presentations, attending customers performances etc.
- Revenue Achievement:
The Specialist, Sales Operations will make fact-based decisions aligned with Company goals and follow tasks through to completion by analyzing and using accurate data to set goals, drive execution and initiate actions. In addition, provide data wherever needed by recognizing past trends and forecasting future outcomes.
- Identifying processes, data, and structure to improve sales productivity to deliver incremental sales results. This position requires a “business sense” not just formulating and sharing reports.
- Ability to understand business requirements and deliver solutions that balance business needs and system maintainability.
- Building Teams and Collaboration:
The Specialist, Sales Operations will effectively build and maintain partnerships with internal stakeholders. Through effective people management, this role is responsible for the success of the Sales Operations team, thus contributing to the team and the company’s success. In the spirit of achieving overall business success at the company, this position will also ensure that clear goals are set to drive tasks to completion, by conducting regular conversations.
- A liaison between Sales, Marketing and Product Management and to link the initiatives for success.
- The gatekeeper of all marketing (Sales) programs and tracking the results by channel, agency, and customers – the intent is to “measure & improve”.
- Work with VP, Sales to fine tune, keep up to date, and execute Sales strategy plans.
- Assist with developing and implementing new processes and procedures.
- Other related sales tasks as required.