ECE Assistant Director (North York)
|Job Order ID:||6918
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||6/22/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
Our employer an ECE Centre, situated in North York is licensed for 242 children ages infant to JK/SK, operating a renowned daycare/preschool with 12 classrooms in a state-of-the-art facility. The dedicated staff provide a safe, nurturing, warm, professional and enriched teaching experience infused with Jewish values and experiential learning incorporating the ELECT, How Children Learn and Sheva teaching philosophies and extra-curricular specialties.
The Right ECE Assistant Director:
This position reports to our ECE Centre Director and provides a fantastic career opportunity in building Jewish community. Responsibilities include:
- Creating a warm, friendly, helpful and nurturing environment for parents, students and staff
- Assisting with overseeing the Daycare and Preschool daily operations according to the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA), City of Toronto Operating Criteria, Program Statement, Sheva framework and Collective Agreement.
- Ensuring program and ratio compliance with the Ministry licensing and ensuring the health and safety of all staff and children at all times.
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships among staff, including staff meetings.
- Working collaboratively with Parent Teacher Group (PTG) and Labor Management Committee.
- Assisting with new staff on-boarding, including all the initial forms, training, benefits questions and integration with the organization.
- Assisting with hiring, coaching and evaluating staff through classroom observations and ensuring high results and staff retention.
- Handling a wide administration task portfolio, including:
- Answering all daycare daily emails and phone calls, making wait-list calls, arranging access cards; maintaining a high-level of customer service and retention
- Maintaining the allergy list, daily attendance and class lists, and attendance tracking for subsidies.
- Handling the expenses/ invoices, all supplies orders; ensuring budget compliance
- Handling new children registration (registration package, transition and informing the class), and accounting- change forms.
- Producing the bi-monthly staff schedule and arranging daily supply staff schedule.
- Maintaining up-to-date teachers’ files including police record, first aid expiry dates
- Writing update emails to parents and HIMAMA updates.
- Liaising with food provider and ordering snack and food related program supplies, ensuring kashrut, allergy prevention and other food protocols.
- Maintaining all Covid-19 prevention record keeping.
- Assisting with payroll and PWE tracking.
- Assisting with planning and overseeing staff meetings, special events and celebrations in the ECE Centre.
- Covering in classroom when necessary.
- Ensuring children and their parents extend their Jewish journey at the J into other programs and campus life and stay connected with the organization well beyond graduation.
- Participating in events and special activities
Change Lives, Work, & Grow with Us:
Work with some of the most passionate, driven, and effective community builders and educators in the City and be part of an environment which will challenge you and empower you to keep learning and growing. What else can you expect?
- Swim, workout, and enjoy our programs with a free Family Membership at the J
- Jewish holiday community celebrations & paid time off to enjoy the Jewish holidays with your family
- Comprehensive wellness benefits
- Commitment to your training and career growth
- Of course, all of this also comes with a market competitive salary
- You’re a Registered E.C.E with a positive track record in administration.
- At your core, you're a superb educator, and a highly organized, technology proficient, administrator.
- You have a passion for working with children and a strong flair for helping people and providing an exceptional educational and customer service experience.
- Jewish culture, traditions, and a connection to Israel are part of your DNA.
- Your English language skills are superior, oral and written, and if you speak Hebrew and/or Russian it’s an asset.