Desktop Support Specialist
|Job Order ID:||6920
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||6/22/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
|Job Location:||North York, Remote, Clients businesses
Our employer is seeking a self-motivated and competent individual for a full-time Desktop Support Specialist position. The Desktop Support Specialist individual will assist the existing application teams in providing technical support in the areas of end-user equipment, system configuration, troubleshooting, access, equipment provisioning, resource monitoring, cloud-based systems, and many other related tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will provide technical on-site, over the phone and email support and proactive maintenance for our internal users and technology systems.
- You will deploy new hardware and procedures that are thoroughly tested and fully operational, will assist in training peers and users on software, hardware and IT procedures.
- You will configure, install and update desktops, laptops and peripherals. Perform desktop application installations, upgrades, and support and maintenance activities.
- You will be monitoring all the installed systems to ensure systems are functioning in accordance with service level requirements.
- You will monitor network performance and escalate issues to the relevant individuals or teams as required.
- You will document, track, and monitor the incident in the ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution and client satisfaction.
- You will assist in testing software and hardware deployments, in addition to providing support during periodically scheduled network and server maintenance.
- You will be expected to handle multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- You must be willing to commit the additional time and effort necessary to meet project and client commitments including after-hours or weekend work as needed.
- Majority of your work will be local, but occasionally you will be expected to travel to our other offices across the country.
- Participate in on-call duty rotation
This is a Remote/ In office/ Client Site position.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-Secondary IT Training with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in IT Support role.
- Knowledge of Systems Administration (complete Server knowledge) in Microsoft Windows and *nix mixed environments.
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-V, VMWare or other hypervisors).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2016/2019+) operating systems.
- Basic understanding of switches, routers, TCP / IP networking and VoIP.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 and other client-server business related application support.