Controller Or Director Of Accounting/Finance
|Job Order ID:||6985
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||7/26/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
Our employer is looking to hire a Controller or Director of Accounting/Finance
Maintains the accounting books for multiple entities (mainly for Cannabis related industry in Canada and US), and to prepare financial statements, but is not limited to the following responsibilities and duties, reporting to the Management/Ownerships.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Five (5) + years’ experience in accounting and finance field.
- CPA/AICPA and/or candidate
- Knowledge and experience in US accounting & taxes will be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in Supply Chain will be an asset.
- Knowledge in accounting software, QuickBooks is required.
- Good communication skills, Organization Skills,
Position Type: Full Time Employee