Employee Relations Manager, P/T -Bathurst & Sheppard
|Job Order ID:||6990
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||7/28/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
|Job Location:||North York
Canada’s premier national outreach and education organizations for Jewish youth, are currently seeking an Employee Relations Manager to work directly with the Financial team. The Employee Relations Manager (20 hours a week) will facilitate and manage employee relations on behalf of the organization. The environment is fast paced, with tight deadlines and multiple projects.
- Enforcing company policies and procedures as necessary.
- Assessing and resolving sensitive employee conflict issues.
- Acting as a main point of contact for employees at all stages of their employment life cycle, including on-boarding, performance reviews, terminations, and offboarding.
- Orienting new employees to organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant federal, provincial, local employment, and labor laws.
- Assisting managers with the performance evaluation and improvement system, professional development programs, and compensation benchmarking procedures.
- Collaborating with Corporate HR, General Counsel, and departments on employee issues and initiatives.
- Maintaining and protecting employee records.
- Conducting research, through surveys and interviews, on human resource policies, compensation, and other employment issues; makes recommendations on best practices based on findings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Remains tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations. Can write succinctly and edit work for spelling and grammar.
- Data Integrity: Maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal Skills: Can effectively interact and collaborate across all levels of the agency and can successfully work with a diverse work force. Excellent at multitasking and setting priorities.
- Quality Control: Extremely detail oriented. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Problem Solving: Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Technical Skills: Excellent computer skills (proficient in Word, Excel, and internet research).
- Education and Experience: Masters and prior HR experience, SHRM or SPHR Certified preferred.
- Knowledge of Jewish laws and customs preferred.