Program Coordinator (North York)
|Job Order ID:||7058
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||9/20/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
|Job Location:||North York
Our not for profit Jewish organization is looking for a Full time Program Coordinator and a Part-time Program Coordinator.
The organization is a thriving non-profit, international organization dedicated to providing inclusive social, recreational and life skills programs to teens and adults with special needs.
They currently have 2 openings to join their team: a Full time Program Coordinator and a Part time Program Coordinator. Both positions offer flexible hours and partially working remotely.
The goal is to provide quality recreational programs where their members can make new friends and enjoy Jewish community experiences.
- Working under the direction and support of the Director, the Program Coordinator will help create and implement a multitude of social, recreational and life skills programs that support individuals with special needs and their families. Programs include 4 afternoon programs for adults (3:30-6:30 p.m.) and 2 teen programs (5-7 p.m.)( 2 days a week) and special programs focused around the Chagim. The programs are based in North York and Thornhill.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Energetic, optimistic, creative, and passionate about making a difference in the lives of people with special needs and the future of the Jewish community.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, written skills, attention-to-detail, accuracy, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Good leadership skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work with and manage other staff members and volunteers.
- Excellent customer service to both participants and their families.
- Experience with people with special needs is an asset.
- Experience in program development and implementation.
- Good working knowledge of: Microsoft office, Zoom, Canva, Social Media and other online or database tools. Willingness to learn new databases and online apps.
- Must pass background and references checks.
- Competitive salary and generous vacation days; including Jewish holidays and statutory holidays.