|Job Order ID:||7062
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||9/21/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
Our employer is looking to hire a Finance Coordinator.
Our employer is a registered non-profit social service organization based on the Jewish ethics of justice, kindness, and responsibility. At the organization, they deliver programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives.
The organization values hard work, but also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. This role includes the following compensation package:
- Full group health benefits
- Dental coverage
- Wellness Spending Account allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous vacation and sick time off policies
- Office closures for all statutory and Jewish holidays
Above all, they provide a warm, inclusive, fun, and progressive place of work.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a passionate growing team. Gain invaluable skills and knowledge relating to not-for-profit finance management, including but not limited to data integration and implementation of systems and protocols for the sake of organizational efficiency and productivity.
The individual will also gain knowledge and experience in Salesforce database knowledge and experience, usage of QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, as well as general accounting practices and procedures in the areas of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. The chosen candidate will also have the opportunity learn about integration donor management into the finance department by managing pledge and donation data, as well as receipting.
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day management of Accounts Payable, processing, reviewing and reconciling incoming donations, issuing tax receipts, and general accounting support for the organization.
- Enter payables using QuickBooks Online and project management software
- Create cheque runs and obtain required signatures
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Collect receipts from company credit card purchases and reconcile with bills each month
- Daily review and oversight of all donations and payment processes, including online donations - iATS, Canada Helps, PayPal
- Collect and file documentation regarding all donations
- Print credit card journals and reconcile with Salesforce
- Issue tax receipts and business receipts
- Issue invoices for outstanding pledges
- Enter daily income batch into QuickBooks and file
- Advise staff and volunteers on coding of donations in Salesforce
- Input data, merge records, creating reports in Salesforce (CRM Database)
- Prepare and enter journal-entries into QuickBooks
- Assist with year-end audit
- Prepare QuickBooks reports for Senior Managers as requested
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
General Administrative Responsibilities
- Back up for receptionist in office
- Taking notes during committee meetings
- Working with and supporting the Director of Finance and Operations with genera office operations
- 3-5 years of work experience in accounting field (non-profit experience is an asset but not required) and/or related education
- Strong experience managing CRM database systems (Salesforce) and Monday.com
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Strong level of comfort and experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- Strong experience with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- Able to multi-task and work flexibly
- Professional manner and strong communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently and self direct
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Hybrid position -in office for at least 3-4 days / week
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic