MANAGER STREET OUTREACH SERVICES
|Job Order ID:||7063
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||9/21/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
Our employer is looking to hire a MANAGER STREET OUTREACH SERVICES.
Our employer is a registered non-profit social service organization based on the Jewish ethics of justice, kindness, and responsibility. At the organization, they deliver programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives.
The organization values hard work, but also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. This role includes the following compensation package:
- Full group health benefits
- Dental coverage
- Wellness Spending Account allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous vacation and sick time off policies
- Office closures for all statutory and Jewish holidays
Above all, they provide a warm, inclusive, fun, and progressive place of work.
- In this role, you will ensure the program is consistently providing a high level of service to our clients, according to best practices, and with the best possible outcomes for the most amount of people.
- In collaboration with your supervisor, the Director of Programs, you will plan and execute the organization's street outreach program plan and ensure our services are consistent, efficient, and effective in meeting objectives and targets.
- The clients we serve face poverty and hardship, and barriers related to mental health, substance use, housing, and unemployment. Our program provides mobile street outreach services including the distribution of food, water, hygiene supplies, clothing, and harm reduction supplies in downtown Toronto, North York, and Scarborough. Essential to our program's success is the support and referrals we provide to help our clients get the assistance and guidance they need to take the next steps toward positive change in their lives.
- Central to the program design is the inclusion of volunteers from the community on each outreach shift to increase their awareness and empathy for people facing homelessness in our city.
As the key leader for this long-standing and high impact program, you will develop systems to enhance and improve our processes and service delivery to maximize impact.
- Drawing on your own experience as an outreach worker (or similar) you will train, develop, and supervise a team of 6 full time, 1 part time, and a roster of relief outreach workers to uphold the highest standards of service to our clients. You will serve as a member of the outreach team providing direct service 2 shifts per week and must be available for evening and weekend work.
- You will utilize your tremendous organizational skills, technological savvy, and passion for systems to ensure smooth, efficient, and impactful program delivery by the outreach team. With your leadership, your team will have the tools and support to operate at a standard of excellence.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to use your leadership skills and social services experience to make a significant and transformational impact in the lives of our clients. In addition, the organization is currently embarking on an exciting expansion plan, offering much opportunity for professional development, growth, and impact.
- 3-5 years related professional experience in a social services role, preference given to those with street outreach experience
- 1-3 years of supervision/leadership experience
- Undergraduate/post graduate degree in related field required
- Superb leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, desire, and ability to mentor/coach/train staff
- Driven, motivated, creative, and confident leader
Tech savvy with a strong interest in learning new applications and platforms
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated and passionate about making an impact
- Highly organized, ethical, efficient, and detail oriented