Payroll Administrator -PT
|Job Order ID:||7203
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||12/19/2022
|Number of Positions:||1
Our employer a corporate retail company is hiring a Payroll Administrator full time.
This position takes full responsibility for payroll of 2 companies (100+ employees).
The responsibilities are:
- Process accurate and timely full cycle semi-monthly payroll and benefits for all store and office employees (hourly & salaried), for 2 retail brands in Canada
- Audit time and attendance reports; analyze and format reports for payroll system (ADP Workforce Now & Wage Point);
- Manage payroll administration for new hires, employee status changes to ensure complete and accurate data changes (promotion, demotions, job changes, terminations)
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies/errors; balance and reconcile all payroll figures
- Process and submit Record of Employment and T4s slips; update year-to-date reports
- Respond to internal and external enquires regarding payroll
- Oversee administration of company group insurance benefit plan (enrolment, removal, invoice accuracy/approval for payment)
- Prepare G/L file to accounting department
- Prepare ad hoc management reports, cost analysis as requested.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is required
- Must have PPC, knowledge of ADP workforce now and Wagepoint payroll software, strong excel skills .
- Five or more years’ experience in a similar position, within retail/hospitality industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook; Advanced skills in Excel
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and payroll taxes
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Knowledge and experience working with payroll systems and databases
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible, proactive and displays high energy and enthusiasm