Recipe For Success Program Coordinator( Duffeerin & Finch)
|Job Order ID:||7205
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||2/1/2023
|Number of Positions:||1
|Job Location:||North York
The employer registered charity serving people facing extreme poverty and homelessness. At the organization, they value hard work, but they also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. In addition to a competitive salary, the organization employees are offered full group health benefits including dental coverage, a Wellness Spending Account allowance, Employee Assistance Program, generous vacation and sick time off policies, in addition to office closures for all statutory and Jewish holidays. Above all, they provide a warm, supportive, fun, and progressive place of work.
As the Recipe for Success Program Coordinator, you will guide individuals facing employment barriers to develop their culinary and leadership skills, preparing them for careers in the food service industry. The 200+ meals prepared daily in the kitchen are later distributed to people facing homelessness in the city by the organization’s mobile outreach vans.
Reporting to the Manager of Program Operations, you will be part of a team including a Social Worker, Career Counsellor and Administrative support person to collaboratively deliver and refine this highly effective program. Through workshops, mentorship, and hands-on training you will guide individuals in our state of the art commercial kitchen to learn the basic kitchen skills needed for employment in the industry. With your strong leadership skills, passion for cooking and helping others, you will help program interns develop the knowledge, confidence, and skills to set them on the path to sustainable employment following completion of the program.
- As the key program delivery team member, you will oversee the logistics, safety protocols, and systems to ensure a smooth and efficient program rollout for each session.
- Your keen eye for details and ability to work in a fast-paced environment will be instrumental in the oversight of the kitchen. Your strong understanding of cooking and food prep principles, as well as your culinary creativity, will be key in menu design while making use of ingredients donated to the program on a weekly basis.
- Each day you will oversee the preparation of around 200 meals prepared by kitchen interns and a group of volunteers.
- Your passion for culinary arts in conjunction with your dedication to supporting others will make you an ideal candidate for this unique and dynamic role.
- You will have input into program design and delivery and serve as the food and kitchen expert in the organization.
- 3-5 years of experience in a commercial kitchen environment including menu development and training
- Relevant experience and knowledge of working with marginalized communities, especially those facing socio-economic barriers and mental health challenges
- Experience in a facilitation and mentorship role
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- A natural leader with a strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Creative, organized and passionate
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening