Data QE Engineer- Hybrid
|Job Order ID:||7210
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||2/1/2023
|Number of Positions:||1
|Job Location:||North York
Data QE Engineer
Job Type: Contract (6 months +)
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario (Hybrid-Remote – 2 days on-site per week)
About The Employer
Our employer is North America’s largest software quality engineering services firm. An award-winning onshore provider of software testing and quality assurance solutions, they are the trusted engineering services company for business, industry and government supported by leading practitioners and solutions. For almost 30 years, they have successfully delivered 12,000+ mission-critical projects in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. They reduce risk and improve time to market with quality engineering, keep applications secure through dedicated application security capabilities, and reduce cost of ownership while enabling applications to scale via performance engineering. They are proud of our vision to help clients achieve flawless technology outcomes. The employer also operates a robust emerging technologies practice with a focus on quality engineering solutions for connected and autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain.
Life continues to evolve and the technology they all rely on daily hinges on impeccable software. The company understands that safe, effective technology is your right - it is their right. It is with this understanding that they deliver on their purpose. They support their clients to ensure technology enables flawless productivity and harmony for a Better, Brighter and Safer world for all of us.
What’s in it for you?
- Make a difference every day as you help our clients deliver innovation and technology in a better, brighter and safer way
- Be part of a smart and dedicated team, disrupting quality assurance methodologies and creating something unique
- Be involved in challenging and interesting work
- Work from anywhere
They are growing faster than they expected and that’s humbling and exciting! So, for all those on board, they guarantee a rewarding journey – and they’re just getting started.
They have several projects with major North American companies. Currently, they are looking to bring on a Data QE Engineer to their Data Technology Practice. This person will primarily be involved in testing under data platforms and services for various lines of businesses in the banking sector.
- Experience with various ETL validations methods and good Knowledgeable Understanding QA methodologies and best practices for data validations
- Ability to write scripts in Python, Java, or C++
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries
- Ability to navigate through Linux
- Have experience in leading small QA teams
- Understanding of the software development process and experience with the AGILE methodology (i.e., Scrums, Sprints, Retrospective, etc.)
- Experience with testing frameworks: JUnit, TestNG for example
- QA implementations on Big Data Platforms
- Business domain knowledge on Finance and Risk
Hours of Work, Work Environment and Potential Travel
- This position is hybrid-remote and requires work on-site in Toronto 2 days per week