|Job Order ID:||7321
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||5/16/2023
|Number of Positions:||1
|Job Location:||North York
Employment Source / Full-time /One-year contract /Starting ASAP
Who is the employer
The employer believes that every individual has opportunities for employment. Since 1947, the employer has been giving the power of employment and improved learning serving 10,000 new individuals annually through career, employment, and assessment services in Toronto and York Region. They also help businesses recruit the workforce they need to be successful. The employer is a registered charity and receives generous funding to provide most of their services without charge.
The employees benefit from a group benefit plan, a friendly work environment, monthly wellness initiatives, access to an employee assistance program (EAP), opportunities for continuous learning and a variety of corporate discounts. The organization also offers permanent employees a generous vacation package, a pension plan in addition to paid sick time, family care and wellness days.
The programs of this employer are funded by Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development (MLITSD),or (MCTU) providing employment services to unemployed individuals of all ages, financial backgrounds and skills to help them gain employment within their field or a related field. To achieve this goal, a range of services are offered to job seekers, including, information and referral services, one-on-one employment counselling, employment workshops, and job development/ placement services.
They’re looking for someone who will:
• Provide information to potential clients and referral sources, along with promoting services and answering questions knowledgeably
• Screen referrals for accuracy and appropriateness, conduct intakes and schedule assessment appointments
• Support system/process implementation, including completing data entry in funder’s database and maintaining electronic file records
• Conduct regular follow-ups to track client progress, obtain relevant information and collect required documentation
• Communicate and follow up with employers on financial incentive agreements, process reimbursement claims, flagging any missing documentation
• Maintain tracking spreadsheets as well as utilize multiple database tools to update participants’ progress and outcomes including preparation of program reports
• Provide administrative support during online and in person events, maintain office supplies and equipment
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma
• 1-2 years of administrative experience
• Strong technical skills and a proven ability to master new databases and tools
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to conduct research
• Strong organizational and time-management skills; detail oriented
• Strong administration skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
• Experience with data entry, inventory, spreadsheets, report presentation
• Customer service oriented and strong interpersonal skills; culturally sensitive
• A clear Police check is required for this position