Retail Jewellery Buyer- Toronto
|Job Order ID:||7326
|Employment Type:||Yearly Salary
|Web Publication Date:||5/24/2023
|Number of Positions:||1
Are you a team player with great communication skills, drive and energy? Are you craving a career that will reward you not only for your degree, but these traits too? Do you absorb information quickly and have passion to continuously learn?
If this resonates with you, there could be a position for you as a Buyer with this employer! The position entails managing one of their locations and dealing with the general public. This starts with greeting customers who are coming in to sell their unwanted jewellery and luxury handbags. You will be trained on how to authenticate and evaluate their items, so that you know what they are worth and how much you can pay for them. The main part of the job is to then negotiate a price that is agreeable with the customer in exchange for their items. They pay customers cash on the spot.
- Opening and closing the store
- Managing their store, including overseeing that staff are running tasks smoothly and properly
- Authenticating and pricing items: this includes opening watches, grading diamonds, testing, weighing and calculating gold value, and using the latest technology to verify that handbags are real
- Buying luxury handbags and jewellery from customers: this includes negotiating with customers and persuading them to accept the price you are able to offer for their item(s)
- Overseeing entire jewellery pawning process: this includes giving customers short term loans, using their items as collateral
- Overseeing proper storage of valuables
- Customer service, including phone calls with customers
- Filling out online spreadsheets
Compensation for the position is very competitive. The salary ranges between $75,000 - $125,000.
- 5 days / week from 10 am to 6 pm
A car and valid driver's license are required and you may be required to go to different locations around the GTA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills