System Design Specialist
|Job Location:||Toronto, Ontario
Perform system operation activities independently or as part of a team to deliver a high quality and safe guideway design, on time, at the lowest cost. The Operations Design and Analysis specialist works within a team context to design a system that satisfies the overall system requirements.
Location - Toronto
Duration - 1 year plus extension
Programming experience in Python
2+ years relevant work experience
B.A.Sc in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Systems Engineering or equivalent.
Nice to Have:
C++ and Perl
- Experience with generic railway signaling techniques, Automatic Train Control system specifications, and military and industry based standards and regulatory norms.
- Specification-driven hw and software systems design and associated tools i.e Doors.
- Broad based engineering skill set and experience:
- Mechanical & dynamic motion analysis.
- Experience with software intensive systems, modern software development methodology methods, processes, and tools
- Testing and Troubleshooting of Electromechanical and software systems
- Integration of complex systems
- Signal processing and the application of digital filtering and signal recognition.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
- An IRSE Principles Systems designer/ System designer license is desirable.