Reporting to the Manager, the individual will be responsible for:
Take a leadership role withing the development team, take initiative in designing technical solutions and addressing issues when any arise.
Participate in development of cost effective and robust applications.
Provide technical support to applications in production and during user acceptance testing.
Participate in systems implementation, planning, and documentation development.
Provide technical guidance to other team members.
Apply agile development methodologies, and work within an agile environment
- Leadership skills, ability to organize and provide direction to the team for ongoing initiatives
- Strong technical design skills, ability to see a complete solution and divide the related work accordingly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ideas must be able to be understood and given easily
- Strong technical leadership skill in architecting new solutions or solving business-related requests
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong ability to work on several concurrent assignments involving various technologies and environments.
- Experienced and comfortable guiding the development of a large, multisystem solution. Able to see the connections and impacts small changes may have on other portions of the overall solution.
- Comfortable in enforcing team standards for technical excellence.
- Disciplined approach to development methodology and software development technologies and concepts.
- Extensive hands-on experience with all phases of SDLC, experience working in an agile environment.
Required technical qualifications:
- 8+ years experience with PL/SQL and RDBMS, Oracle is preferred
- 8+ years of experience working with Java/J2EE. Java 8 experience preferred. Familiarity with multiple external Java frameworks is a plus (Spring, Struts, Log4J, etc)
working on data transformation. Experience using Talend is ideal
- 6+ years experience using Linux or Unix, including related scripting
- 5+ years hands on experience supporting production applications. Willing to be on-call, on a rotating basis, if needed in the future.
- 3+ years experience working with modern continuous deployment pipeline - Maven, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc
- Strong configuration skills, very comfortable working with complex data pipelines
- Familiarity with major transport protocols: FTP, SFTP and other SSH connectivity tools.
- Experience working with and configuring vendor applications is a strong plus
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to see technical overview of system and impact analysis of changes to overall system.
Job Type: Contract