|Job Location:||Toronto, Ontario
As part of the Finance transformation and reports automation implementation for out client, we are currently looking for a fully dedicated PowerBI expert to support the deployment of PowerBI solutions for Finance departments in North America. Following a delivery roadmap and iterative approach, you will be travelling across the various entities in USA and Canada to provide guidance and support in implementing strategic automated reports.
Estimated travel percentage: Up to 80%
- Work closely with the Finance teams to design and deliver reporting and analytical solutions that satisfy business and technical requirements
- Extract, transform and load data from multiple sources (Excel, and ERPs: SAGE, SAP, Primavera…) into PBI applications
- Provide architectural insight to business users through evaluation and recommendation
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality
- Demo and/or train end-users and other stakeholders as needed to ensure they become fully autonomous and operational on the tool
- Coordinate with IS/IT as needed to ensure compliancy with IT/Security.
The role requires complete comprehension of enterprise data models and utilization of both relational and dimensional data sources. This person will architect, design, develop customized reports and dashboards that deliver added value and actionable information in an agile and efficient way.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Three/five plus years of relevant work experience in PowerBI data modelling
- Experience with database design concepts, middleware concepts, user interface development, and information security engineering & access controls
- Experiences in applying agile work practices
- Full understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation
- Experience collaborating with teams both cross-functionally and cross-geography
- Ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams
- ~80% Travel time within North America