DevOps Designer – Continuous Integration
|Job Location:||Burlington, Ontario
Seeking a DevOps designer who can design new development frameworks that support continuous integration, development automation tools and testing using Jenkins, Bash and Python.
The purpose of the job is to create tools and an environment to automatically release/configure/test applications and to modularize our massive code base in order to accelerate our real-time embedded C development.
We need to accelerate our development because we’re growing – fast. The demand for continuously deploying high quality software builds that only our software teams can develop for our complex electro-optical surveillance systems is growing every day and we need to optimize.
- Demonstrable grasp of automation tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, agile and continuous deployment environments
- Minimum 3 years coding and scripting experience in Python and Bash
- Experience in
- developing testable and robust code
- various version control systems including GIT and SVN o various build tools, such as make, ant, maven and cmake
- Linux host environments
- web API development (REST/JSON)
- data management, especially SQL server
- C++ or other object-oriented programming is an asset
- Good understanding of UNIX system fundamentals and network protocols
- Very strong problem solving abilities, technical and analytical skills
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- You know what collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders in a matrix organization means
- Working closely with others on code reviews, providing specifications, implementing specifications from others, and writing documentation
- Minimum Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Community college technical diploma or equivalent experience in software development
- Anything higher than that would be awesome