|Job Location:||Toronto, Ontario
ROAN's client in Toronto seeks a Contracts Manager for negotiating/re-negotiating current 3PL vendor relationships and investigating new ones.
Duration - 6 months to start
- Develop global sourcing strategies for transportation and industrial equipment.
- Work with various business stakeholder groups to identify and qualify new or existing capable suppliers, initiate requests for proposals/quotations (RFPs/RFQs), advise requestors with respect to contract terms and conditions
- Conduct RFP and lead cross functional teams through the selection process of preferred suppliers with effective scoring criteria to critically evaluate supplier proposals in accordance with company policies
- Lead negotiations on General Procurement agreements, including, but not limited to, Master Agreements, Statements of Work, Change Orders balancing business deliverables, legal interests and pricing
- Conduct analysis on proposals for services in support of various business functions
- Analyze total costs, assist business functions with ROI analysis, price and rate benchmarking and negotiate favorable business terms to leverage company purchasing power
- Develop, refine and implement category strategies and tactics that enable the procurement of products and services at the highest value benefit to the company
- Add value by becoming the subject matter expert on various categories and consulting internal clients on industry trends, benchmarking, and best practices
- Lead cross-functional meetings with various business functions and develop a communication strategy to keep internal clients informed about procurement processes, supplier strategy, and procurement policies
- Manage supplier relationships with focus on supply risk management, contract risk management and cost management
- Mediate supplier issues and resolve customer / supplier contract disputes if necessary
- Contract Management ((USD)1M+)
- Review, redline and negotiate contracts
- Evaluate processes and recommend improvements to standardize lifecycle contract and sourcing processes and systems
- Ensure pricing & deliverables as negotiated are included in the contract; coordinate comparison of proposals and final contract terms
- Ensure contract execution & retention, preferably through electronic signature process
- 5-7 years leading, a plus would be experince w/ P3 sourcing projects greater than (USD)300k spend and High Risk
- Have a good knowledge of the regional market for their commodity: Transportation, Logistics & Warehousing
- Proven experience negotiating Terms & Conditions
- Experience working with Cost Lever methodology
- Experience leading PVET / sourcing board presentation
- Develops transportation sourcing strategy, manages RFPs, and negotiates transportation agreements globally for all modes (truck, rail, air, ocean, parcel, LTL).
- Managed U.S. network transportation optimization project identifying over (USD)X in consolidation/mode shifts.
- Negotiated U.S. FedEx small parcel agreement, yielding (USD)1X annual hard savings.
- Recommends carriers that meet & exceed Customer service/cost requirements across multiple business lines.
- Partners with Operations to manage key supplier relationships on performance and business unit needs.